Saturday, May 19, 2012

Research Travel on Cyprus


May 14th to May 19th 2012.

Again I find my self on my adopted research patch - Cyprus. Away from Athens, far to the East. Once and a while I get to guide resarch associates in the places we study. On this occasion I spent five days on the island - the first three with very good friends from Portugal: Professor Teresa Ferreira and Researcher Pedro Segurado. Next two days were spent with associates in Lefkosia and Lemessos. We discussed biodiversity strategy, mapped perrenial stream reaches, researched chemical pollution effects, visited some eel habitat, and discussed project proposals.

I'll soon post some photos of our activities, just to give an impression of the sort of work we naturalists get tied up in. It was another great trip. Thanks to all who participated!